Hi gang, this should be easy.  I want to send a program written for
mac OS 7.5 - 9.2.2 to a couple of buddies of mine that are running old
Mac 8100's, one of them is using OS 8.6, I think the other one is the
same.  These folks are not techinclally savvy, so I'm looking to do
this the easiest way as possible. These machines are not networked,
not sure I have the time to show them how to do that!   The program
file in question is a .hqx file, so I thought that I would start by
doing the decompression myself on my G4, and then burning the
uncompressed files to a CD and mailing it to them.

I am a windows user, I can burn a cd no problem from that machine,
which is networked to the mac through DAVE (on 9.2.2), or I can use OS-
X as well.  I'm not sure, but I don't think the mac G4 Digital Audio
has a burner in it, I think it's just a reader.

So,,,  Can I just create a windows formatted CD, will that be read in
Os 8.6, or do I need to format that CD to a Mac style format, somehow
from windows, assuing I have to do this on the windows machine?

The other option is a little flash drive, would that be simpler, will
a 500mb flash drive 'work' in these older machines, or will I have to
get them to install drivers etc etc.  in which case it's probably not
worth going that route.