Here's the deal. I have been given a CD with more than 3,000 pages scanned in
the .tiff format, I assume they were scanned with a high speed commercial
digital copier/scanner in a Windows office environment.

For security reasons, the scan folder is named xxx_0001. There is also another
nondescript file named xxx_0001.OPT.

A seach reveals OPT is:  "OPT file is a Microsoft Visual Studio Workspace
Options. This is a binary file that is the workspace options file for the local
computer".

When I open the scan folder I see 3000 subfolders with names xxx.0001 to
xxx.3000. If I open each subfolder I see a one page tiff scan with consecutive
legal Bates Numbers xxx.0001 thu xxx.3000.

I did open and try dropping the first 15 pages of .tiff files into  my desktop
printer icon and it prints about 2 pages/minute. That translates to 30 hours
non-stop time without breaks or interruptions.

These are legal docs I received from a respected local law firm I that I do
business with and my job is to print them.  I do not think think the firm is
willing to pay for 30 hours of work and I would not feel justified in that
charge.

Sooo, the QUESTION: is there any Mac software that will sniff out  the .tiff
docs and send them to my high speed commercial digital copier and allow me to
print the 3000 pages without having to open each tiff file separately to to
print it. Or is this just another Mico$oft  "I got'cha".

This print shop is totally Mac with no Windows PC's.

I am using a DA 733 with OS 10.4.11 for this job, any suggestions? --glen