----- Original Message ----
> From: Jerry <apple.mail.lis...@oryx.cc>

> strange, it used to be only the softies that relied on file name
> extensions  to determine file type.  Apple people had the resource fork
> and Unix  people had /etc/magic .
>
> Anyway, you can write a nice script that would be  a whole lot more
> robust, but the quick and dirty way would be to run this  from the
> directory where all of your images are located in an xterm, or in  a
> Terminal.app window:
>
> % file * | grep -i tif
>
> This would  identify your tiff files, and then you can move them off to
> another  directory, or what ever you need to  do.

Another easy terminal command that even I could do. I have written them all
down;  I know one day I will need them.

The quick and dirty way I used was simple cmd-F in Finder. Since all the files
had a unique six-letter prefix I entered it into the find box this gave me
3400+
file and 3400+ sub folders. Refining the search to "Image" files gave me the
list of 3400+ TIF's I needed. Then dropping after them all into the desktop
printer icon --  20 hrs later all files were printed and billed. Thanks, I
promise I will learn terminal, I will learn terminal, I will learn.... --glen