On Jun 19, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Charles Davis wrote:

On Jun 19, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Fabian Fang wrote:

On Jun 19, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Charles Davis wrote:

System: Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB DDR SDRAM, Leopard OS 10.5.8

The genesis of the problem.
Software Update pops up and tells me there are 'updates' available, Sooo, I look to see what it's proposing.

Safari 5.0.5, Java for OSX Update 9, Security Update 2011-002, something for iTunes.

Concerns ---- This was Apple's Software Update's recommendation, but Safari 5.0.5 turned out to be for INTEL [UGH!!!],

Not true, my iMac G5 has been running Safari Version 5.0.5 (Build 5533.21.1) under OS 10.5.8 without any problems.

I could be wrong about the 5..0.5 being Intel only, but the message was that it wouldn't run on my hardware.

Chuck D.

Odd it would download from software up dates if it couldn't run. The one that usually gives the alert is iTunes on Tiger. Try to download again but with dial up it takes a long time if it comes at all. That package of software is 10 or more hours on dial up in this town:-)

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
From TiBook 867