Den Onsdag, 12/10 2011, 11:34, Geke skrev:
> All right, guys, interesting! I didn't know all that!
>
> Still, for the original poster it's not relevant, and probably
> confusing.
> The bottom line for him doesn't change: he shouldn't be connecting two
> computers to one HD, and the best solution to use the drive from two
> computers is to connect it to the 10.4 one and share it, so the 9.2.2
> one can mount it over the network.

it was interesting

I did get the point

I'm a she

I don't want to connect the drive to the 10.4 one - it does a fantastic
job on the 9.2.2 one, with auto backup of all that's changed at shut down
- with the software that came with the drive

and, the 9.2.2 one is where the serious work is done and all my emails
gets downloaded to

the 10.4/5 ones is just for webmailing, casual gaming, playing music,
banking and that sorts

going to buy another one for the 10.4/5 ones, whenever I can afford one,
and until then, try to be more efficient with the manual backups

but thanks anyway - to all of you :-)

/tina