On Nov 4, 2011, at 7:34 AM, Len Gerstel wrote:

Everything I have read is that 10.X installs are monolithic. ie: they include everything needed for any machine that will run the OS.

I know G5s can run 10.5, but we still have classic apps that we run and I have not been able to get SheepShaver working. Remote desktopping into a G4 will be a later project.

It is a Dual 2.0 G5. I believe it is the 2004 dual 2.0 with pci-x slots. (at the price and speed bump from a DA dual 533 and a Sawtooth 400, I am not being picky on which dual 2.0). My plan is to install the HD for the G5 into my DA (with a SATA card) and just clone my DA HD onto it. Yes, I know a fresh install is best, but I don't have the time or organization to do that here.

Any flaws?

Thanks,

Just CCC right to the G5 PM and it will run just like the DA only faster. My G5 PM 2.7 has Tiger and Leopard on separate partitions. I also need classic.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA 92886
From iMac Core Duo 2.0