> Thanks. Is there a different heat sink?
>>
>> It is, but you MUST get the dual 1.0 GHz heat sink with the dual 1.0 GHz
>> processor card, and it is best to get the fan unit as well.

Most definitely.

Although the form factor of the processor card is the same between single
and duals, and the bottom side is the same, the placement of the PPC chip
or PPC chips are different, so the top side is quite different.

A single processor heat sink has the provision for one centrally located
processor.

A dual processor heat sink has the provision for two offset processors.

The heat sink mount is the same.

A single processor heat sink will not cover the two processors on a dual
processor, and this is a known fact.

A dual processor heat sink possibly could be modified to cover a single
processor, but this is conjecture.

The "raw" (i.e., unpopulated) dual processor boards are identical between
the QS 2001 dual 800 MHz and the QS 2002 dual 1000 MHz, however the boards
are stuffed completely differently because of clock generator and
processor voltage regulator differences.

I would, therefore, expect that the heat sinks would be the same between
the QS 2001 and QS 2002, within single and dual models.

As always, the PPCs are run so very hot that it is important when
dismounting a processor to keep its heat sink with the processor.