Trying to save a G5 as affordably as I can.
I have had confusion telling just WHAT it is, aside from a 2.0 gHz machine with 8 memory slots.

I have borrowed a 1.8gHz model as a swap bed, but a,m not sure of the power supplies are equivalent. Only thing that has shown true is that moving both the HD's from mine to the other fires up perfectly as my machine was. Mine was only staring up in SAFE mode and no seeing audio devices. Then after a couple hours' power failure and power return (the power light is ON as soon as you put the power cord in. Pushing the START button does nothing. Power light just glows.

If it's reasonably fixable, it's completely sufficient form my production work. If not, a reasonable replacement needs recommendation, whether that's another G5 or something like a Mini or other used but similarly capable machine.

        John Vengrouskie
        Soundscenes DC