Hi all.

I have a G3 400MHz/1GB Ram and I am amazed by the difference in performance
from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X 10.3!
I have not installed Mac OS X 10.4 yet because I do not know if my Ati Rage 128
Pro will be able to handle the 'more demanding' Mac OS X.

I think that you can also see lots of improvement using different Browsers. I
have tried the Camino Browser and I think it is the best of them all!

On Mac OS 9 try the Classila.

Regarding YouTube, even at work on my iMac i5 2.5GHz it freezes till all the
video is downloaded and after I hit refresh it plays flawlessly.  On some low
quality (smaller in MB) videos it runs perfectly.  I think that YouTube pushing
for better quality videos/higher resolution, have slowed down the system.

Here is a video of my beautiful and beloved PowerMac G3

http://youtu.be/0RIpT0_lqmk

Let me know if the Camino works better for you.

Good luck!