On 3/5/12 12:34 AM, Brian Fuelleman wrote:
You might put in an ad in your local Pennysaver or local newspaper/want ad paper for a monitor, working or not, then you could swap out the stand. Another option might be going to a local art supply store and look at a Sidekick easel. They clamp on to the edge of a table or desk, and let you set the angle, height and size to meet your needs.
just a thought.

*From:* glen <glenst...@yahoo.com>
*To:* "g3-5-list@googlegroups.com" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:00 PM
*Subject:* Studio Display Monitor Broken Hinge

This little Apple Studio Display M2454 monitor has seen light use and has a lot of life left. It has been attached to my Mac G4's for testing purposes. In a really dumb move I broke the acrylic stand connection to the monitor. I tried to super glue it together but as you may guess that did not work.
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenstrek/6808551702>

It looks easy to replace the broken part but any ideas where to get one. And what is it called. If I were to post a WTB to the LEM Swap List I would not know what to ask for. Perhaps there is a third party parts dealer that won't charge more for the part than the monitor is worth. Any ideas? Thanks, --glen

tip: My kid's desk has the paper slot for printers. I took the monitor and stuck front legs in slot and put the broken rear leg under middle to keep monitor from going all the way through. I have the G5 tower behind it to help adjust angle. Maybe some thought at a temp to solution will let you use it.