At 9:10 AM -0700 4/6/2012, Bruce Johnson wrote:
Android is coded in Java.

I thought Android and its apps are coded in a Google-perverted Java. Isn't that why Oracle is suiing? :P

 > Apple is no longer including it with OS X by default.

That's because they used to have Apple's Own *Almost* Compatible With The Rest Of The World Java Port, but now the standard JVM works on OS X, so they're no longer including it.

Yea. But the point is that Java is no longer on *every* Mac. And since most people won't bother installing it unless they need it...

Now, first, I'll withhold judgement on this 600K infections until some source more reputable than some russian AV company no one's ever heard of confirms it, and second, 600,000 macs infected *sounds* like a big, big number, until you realize that since 2006 Apple's sold probably around 55-60 MILLION Macs.

yea. Some of the articles posted today are backing off on that number. Apparently it's total Flashback infections, not just this particular variant, and some of which are Windoze.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.