> > > Exactly what part of My eBay requires Java?
> > >
> > > My eBay is *** JavaScript *** heavy.  I don't see any client-side Java
> > > there.
> >
> > I turned off Java in my browsers and I can't get into "My Ebay" without it.
>
> Are you sure you have JavaScript ON and Java OFF ?
>
> My eBay works just fine for me, in Safari, Firefox, and TenFourFox --
> with Java *disabled*.

What Dan said. Relatively few sites require Java. A lot of sites need
*JavaScript*. They have nothing in common except the name and some
intentional syntactic coincidences.

TenFourFox doesn't support Java (it's handled by a plugin and, well, you
know). But it definitely supports JavaScript.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but I'll be at the opening of my garage door."