On 7/23/12 4:18 PM, Illirik Smirnov at <illir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes and yes, but I think that it's probably a better idea to XPostFacto in
> retail 10.5.8 in if you REALLY want Leopard, and I see no reason why you want
> it on a G3. It *will* run poorly. I keep either OS9 or 10.3 on all of my G3s
> (which is a small sample size, seeing as how all I have is an iMac G3 and a
> Clamshell to go with it). A 350-400+MHz G3 running OS9 is a capable machine,
> on 10.3 its slow but usable, on 10.4 it's barely usable; I can't imagine it
> running well in 10.5.

But I like some challenges and experiments...;-)

I remember back in 2001 that many people said it would be practically
impossible to install and use Mac OS 9.1 on a PowerMac 6100 I had at the
time. Well, I've installed... And it worked. Slowly, but anyway, I could use
iTunes, broadband internet and CD burning (and also a 1024x768 video
resolution trough the AV card).

I put the brave 6100 (upgraded with a Sonnet G3 processor that many times
refused to work properly...) into retirement in 2006, between other things
because there was no way to install Mac OS X on it. ;-P

--
MaGioZal.
<http://facebook.com/magiozal/>