At 7:37 PM -0500 8/19/2012, Kris Tilford wrote:
On Aug 19, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Dan wrote:
Perhaps you should take the time to actually read the threads about this issue. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWERPC SUPPORT. This is a change that Apple made in the streaming radio section of iTunes ON THEIR SERVERS. It affects ALL iTunes users, not just ppc users.

No, I think this is wrong. It's only on the OLD versions of iTunes, such as the last PPC G3 version 8.2.1(6) that this affects. My new Intel Macs, or for that matter, my PPC G5 that runs the latest version of iTunes 10.6.3(25) has no problems with the radio stations.

I've got a 3 week old MacBook Pro here that has the problem.

Are you looking at the stations as presented in the "live" Library > Radio category, or stations that you've dragged to playlists?

The former will show no problem - Apple simply changed the URLs.

The latter, in the playlists, show the problem. Those are saved items, that are not dynamically updated.

What makes me mad is that if I share my "entire" iTunes from my G5 to my G3, I had assume it would share the radio playlist and I could either use it directly via sharing, or drag & drop or export the working playlist into the older iTunes to recreate a new working radio playlist for the G3, but somehow "radio" isn't included when you select "share my entire iTunes library" option.

The Library > Radio category is "live" in that it's fetched from Apple's servers when you click the triangles to open the subcategories. It is not shared.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.