> From: Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net>
>

>I'm no Photoshop expert, but I thought that Photoshop 7.0 and the update 7.01
>were "carbon" apps that ran in both Mac OS and also OS X natively. I don't
>think you need the Classic environment to run Photoshop 7.01 in OS X, is
>should launch within OS X natively I think?
>
>Also, there's a special plugin for the G5 that allows the G5 to fully use it's
>power with Photoshop 7.01:
><http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2132>
>
>I had a friend using Photoshop under OS X 10.5.8 on a 1.67GHz G4 AluBook, and
>he downgraded to 10.4.11 to get better response and speed out of Photoshop, it
>was a significant speed-up, perhaps 30% using 10.4.11 instead of 10.5.8, so
>that's one reason you might still consider downgrading, but I'm pretty certain
>Photoshop 7.01 should run without MacOS or Classic needed.

Photoshop 7.0 runs great under OS X 4.11 without Classic. I've run it in a
number of G4's from a Sawtooth to an MDD and it is still in use in two G4
towers. Never even tried to run it in Classic. No experience with 10.5 but
suspect it should work. Did not know about the 7.01 update but will check it
out, thanks Kris --glen