----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Throwing in the Towel
Date:    Sunday, 16. December 2012
From:    Alex Sciorino <zeosr...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> I just checked my favourite online auction site and I don't see any dual
> 1ghz. The best I can find is single 867. Have you considered a Sonnet
> upgrade? You can get the single core 1ghz for about $40.

There are single core upgrades up to 1.8 GHz around. Up to 1.6 GHz it may be
bought at a reasonable price…

Search for Sonnet, OWC (Other World Computing), Giga Designs, Newer
Technology, PowerLogix, XLR8 and FastMac.

http://lowendmac.com/ppc/g4upgrades.html

It doesn’t always have to be Sonnet. I have an OWC upgrade at home, a Mercury
Xtreme G4 1.4 GHz Processor Upgrade (OWCME41400L2D), like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OWC-Mercury-Xtreme-1-4GHz-Apple-G4-Desktop-Upgrade-/261133816357

(that’s not my eBay auction, I just want to make the point that it may still
be available)

IMO Dual processor upgrade cards are in no way worth the current market
prices, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonnet-Technologies-PowerPC-G4-1-8-GHz-SG4D-1800L-Processor-/150920002639

BUT, original Dual-1 GHz processor modules are also available, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Mac-G4-1-0GHz-Dual-Processor-Module-661-2730-820-1310-A-3967-/160940346106

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250