On Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:00:37 PM UTC-6, pdimage wrote:

> On 15/12/2012 16:32, "Richard Gerome" <onecoo...@earthlink.net<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > So this left me
> > wondering why so many put this 9800 in them??? Maybe someone here can
> tell me
> > why they even use this 9800 card? When I go back to NC to visit them I'm
> going
> > to download Leopard on it for them...
>
>     It's because the 9800 pro was just about the fastest 4x agp card you
> could get for a G4 - and the easiest to convert from pc to mac with little
> or no problems and get all the ports working fully.

I think the ATI Fire GL X3 256mb AGP was faster.  It may not be easier to
convert.  However, if you get the HP version, ATI Fire GL X3. then reports
are that both DVI ports work fully as expected.  There are problems with
getting both ports working if one gets a regular X800 XT.

The ATI Fire GL X3 is available on Ebay for less than $50.  Back in April
they were going for as low as $25 each.

Jeff Walther