Den Fredag, 15/3 2013, 02:53, Dan skrev:
> On 13 Mar, Dan Knight blerted:
>>We've started the process of migrating to WordPress forums, and
>>today   I'm announcing that the Power Macs (G3-5) forum is ready to
>>go. Please go to \url\ and create a login ID and password so you can
>>participate.
>
> Apropos to what?  What is the point of this transition?

for the website, you can read dan's own words about it here:
<http://lowendmac.com/2013/welcome-to-wordpress/>

for the lists - I have no idea, and no, I don't like it either

> As I replied to Dan's blert on the iMac List, and got NO response:
>
> The ppc page takes about 45 secs to load (Safari, Leopard,
> QuickSilver, with a 15/5 fiber connection).
>
> The right hand column - mostly ads, keeps flashing then redrawing,
> making the whole page distractingly unreadable.  Looks like this is
> site-wide?

tenfourfox 7, pb 1ghz g4, tiger - nothing takes 45 seconds to load on a
much slower connection. everythings smooth, fast loading and nothing
flashing or redrawing

login, registration and posting works just fine even with full noscript
turned on

only thing I can't get to work (or find) is to change the profile pic

that said, yes, this is worrying, and a forum, or a bunch of fora will
never ever work as fluent and convinient as the mail lists, and I also
miss an explantion about that

/tina

---
"G-Group" group.