On Mar 26, 2013, at 8:15 AM, Kris Tilford <ktilfo...@cox.net> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:43 AM, M Christol wrote:
>
>> signed into the G3-G5 forum via Google the other day & mainly saw ads.
>
> Perhaps this is the intent, to monetize free mailing lists via ads?

Based on the continuing soap opera LEM has presented concerning its financial
woes over the years, you're probably right. Dan Knight has created a wonderful
worldwide online community for Mac people, but he has not managed to find a way
to make it self-supporting or profitable on a sustained basis. Unfortunately,
this latest effort is confusing and has been badly presented, if at all, to
folks like you and me, without whom there would/will be no LEM. I suspect the
lack of information from Dan is a mute acknowledgement that this latest move is
a loser. Since LEM is Dan's baby, it's up to him to provide leadership and
convince all us LEMmings to follow him. As things are beginning to look, we may
be seeing the death throes of LEM as we have known it.

Jim Scott

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.