On 25/09/2013 18:24, "Bruce Johnson" <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> Yes, there's a workaround: Buy a newer Mac more often than every ten years 8-P
>
> I saw a MacBook Pro in the swap list today capable of running the latest
> version of iTunes for $250.
>
> That eMac is now 8 years, nearly 4 OS version and one architecture switch old.
>
> It's time for a newer computerŠat least for iTunes and synching your iPhone.
>
> Seriously, you can pick up Macs capable of running iTunes 11 for very nearly a
> song these days, as it's essentially any intel-based Mac.
>
> Apple switched to Intel in 2006; it's now 2013. Time to upgradeŠ
>
> You raced out and upgraded your three year-or-less-old phone right away to the
> Latest&Greatest OSŠwhy not upgrade your Mac as well.
>
> If you HAVE to have a PowerPC mac for old software purposes, keep the old ones
> aroundŠthere's no law about 'only one mac per person' :-)

Hmmmm,
    The phones are not mine - one is my wife's and one is my daughter's - I
have never had a use for a mobile phone since they looked liked bricks - and
my racing days are over - I merely upgraded their phones for them to ios7.
As for the macs it's not the age ( I have some very old macs) or the
architecture it's the software I own - to update my software to intel would
be - well........expensive - and I am now retired so it earns me nothing in
return. Lastly I would consider $250 plus shipping to the UK plus import
taxes and VAT to be very excessive for the sole privelege of running iTunes
11 to sync someone else's phone. But then again one man's
meat........cheaper by far to get an aged windows pc running Vista -
seemingly not cast off by ios7............

Pete in the UK

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.