Andre Tertling wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> thanks for the feedback. I apologize for forgetting vital time-saving
> tips :( You know, when you do something often enough, details become
> routine and thus unimportant. But in the end you managed to fix things
> and you learnt a lot from doing so - all's well that ends well ;)
>
> In the meantime I noticed that the current release has a strange
> problem which got fixed in the latest beta - this beta release can be
> found here: http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=313

Hi Andre,

Thank you, and I downloaded the gparted_livecd-beta-0.8.5.1 beta (that
looks like the latest?) as a result. I'll play with it over this week so
I can get some experience with it. You don't need to apologize about
forgetting the tips. You pointed me to a valuable tool for my toolbox
and I'm most grateful for your help.

Bob