I just want to add -- that when I say "reseat every memory module" I
mean: physically remove each module in turn, clean out the motherboard
connector with canned air, do the same with the module if its coated
with dust, and snap the module back in, making sure it is seated
correctly. You may have to disconnect power supply wires in order to get
access to the memory modules. Be careful not to snap the white memory
module levers at each end of the module. Be careful to take
electrostatic discharge precautions too -- wear an antistatic wrist
strap, and touch an unpainted metal surface to discharge your static
before you touch a memory module. Never work on carpet. Even standing on
carpet is not acceptable.

According to Scott Mueller. in his book Upgrading and Repairing PC's,
17th Edition, older Dell computer systems use a non-standard ATX power
supply wiring configuration for both the motherboards and the power
supplies. If you have a Dell system and need to replace the power
supply, I recommend you purchase the new supply only from PC Power and
Cooling, or from Dell's parts distributors. Mueller states that using a
regular ATX power supply in an older Dell computer could very easily
cause a fire and will in any case destroy the system.

Bob Cochran