Thanks Matt and Brian. I'm looking into this really seriously. I notice
that on this Western Digital drive, there is a printed box on the label
with the model number (WD200BB-75DEA0), a date (25 Aug 2002) and a DCM
code (HSBHNA2AA). Does the replacement circuit board have to come from a
drive matching on all 3 of these things, or is a match on model number
only sufficient?

Do I need to match on the drive parameters as well (there is an LBA
string printed on the label too as in "LBA 39062500"?

Bob Cochran