On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 20:40 +0100, Fabien Bodard wrote:

> Oups ... too complex... this is the better way without observer

Not at all!  (I'm using the observer method as this will be a custom
control.  As far as I can see I need that so the CC can see its' own
events.)

But thank you! I found what I was doing wrong.

In the custom control I was trying to subvert the Arrange by setting
Super.Height, this is what wasn't working.  By setting the height of the
internal container ($hBox) in the _Arrange code bingo, all is solved.

regards
Bruce