> Sorry, I thought it would help to show why these translations are
> necessary for programs which may be expected to be widely used.

I don't see any reason to make different translations because of such minor
differences.
I'm completely happy with international English and SI units.

> I cannot think of any good reason to delete an en_GB translation,
> unless it is incomplete or incorrect or simply abandoned.

It's empty.

> Just don't create the translation files for languages you do not intend to
> translate.

I didn't. English (UK) is created automatically and apparently cannot be
deleted.

> Your reference to English(common) confused me until I saw it in the
> list of languages which may be selected as the default language. Is it
> from this list that you feel the need to delete languages?

No.
Default language is Finnish.
I made mistake of writing my program in Finnish long time ago.
Although it is fast to write (it is my native language) and I don't have to
focus so much on language issues when I'm programming, it creates more work
as I want to translate it to English.

Jussi