Ricardo:
Thanks for your answer. I have been using a own class inherited from
connection that, until gambas3 migration of my applications, works fine
with opens and closes of Mysql databases (I attach it here). The idea is
forget all the thing and let the class do the work.
I suspect that the fault lies on my client's lack of updates. I'll look
into it more before bothering everybody in the mailing list.

Regards