>  From my long-years experience with Suse, I usually have the developer
> tools (not only C compiler, but developer tools for qt and gtk)
> installed. Then I compile Gambas myself, and most libraries are already
> there.
>
> Rolf

THANKS A LOT Rolf, for your help!!! :-)

Installation problem, seems to be solved for the time being.
The main problem is, that currently Gambas seems to have a problem on
Open SUSE, with ncurses programming.
The external console seems not to work for me (and the built-in, is
not meant for ncurses stuff).

OK! Working with GUI is great and we're in 2014 of course! :-)
But for me not wasting my time, for writing beautiful GUIs is critical.
I prefer to write the program, with the functionality that I need and
launching it from konsole.
More or less, I'm using BASIC as an alternate ( 1) easier to a)
program and b) use and 2) more complete) option to bash scripting.

Ncurses seems to be the only way in Gambas, for various cosmetic and
functional improvements for text based programs (eg. for coloring the
output), so the (currently in non-working state, for me) external
terminal emulator, is a must. :-(

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Giorgos. :-)