On 09/10/2015 10:02 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 11/09/2015 03:52, Kevin Fishburne a écrit :
>> On 09/09/2015 07:28 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> Hi Kevin, Looking quickly at your live twitch, I noticed that
>>> apparently, if I'm not wrong, you are not aware of the difference
>>> between: If A And B And C Then And: If A And If B And If C Then "And"
>>> must be used for binary computation. "And If" should always be used
>>> for tests. It is faster, as it only executes a test if the previous is
>>> TRUE, while "And" always evaluates all its operands. I think you will
>>> agree to save a few CPU cycles, do you? :-) Regards,
>> That is an awesome tip. I actually had wondered if there was a way to do
>> this, or if Gambas would abort subsequent tests automatically if one was
>> found to be False. I didn't realize I could just stick multiple Ifs in
>> there. Thanks!
>>
> By the way, do you use the IDE profiler to detect where you use most of
> the CPU?

That sounds like something an actual programmer would do, so no. :) Is
there a tutorial on the wiki that explains the basics? So far I've been
optimizing as I go, but I haven't taken the time to do any real analysis
to find problem areas. I'd probably start by examining the execution
time of each procedure call in the "main loop", then getting more granular.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues