On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 00:12:16 +0100
Tobias Boege <tabo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Dec 2015, Moviga Technologies wrote:
> > Can't you just find the .children[] index and hide it?
>
> Whenever I see somebody doing this, part of me wants to commit a silly
> change (like changing the name of a control, or whatever bit of information
> their algorithm uses to find the correct child) and break their application
> with the next release.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Ha-ha, you evil child!
:-)

(But then, I could have used you on some testing contracts we had some years
ago!)

On the other hand I could question the wisdom of implementing a non-cancel-able
wizard?  But then again, there is a case for some further study here...
One presumes that the reason for preventing a cancel is that having reached
step X, the subject of the wizard may be left, at best, in an indeterminate
state and at worst in an unstable state. There is a fairly good example in the
IDE.  The packaging wizard can be cancelled at any step, but changes made in
the early steps are "committed" to the .project file. Now, to me, this is a
good thing as it let's me set up some things deliberately in the .project file
(such as vendor information and licensing) at the early stage of development
and these will be used later on when I really want to package the project.  On
the other hand, if I select the "vendor-prefixing" option and then cancel, then
it seems to always be set whether I want it or not.....
N.B, This is just an observation, not a criticism.

In the back   of my mind there is a little voice that keeps saying, "If you are
going to provide a wizard, then don't commit anything until the final step" and
another that says "... but you'd better provide a way to set / configure values
for the attributes covered by the wizard elsewhere!"

cheers
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamn...@gnail.com (sort of)>