Hi Richard,
Visual C++ is more or less just like C++ with allot of Microsoft
specific stuff tossed in. Yes, you include headers in the same way as
before.
If you are using DirectX the DirectX include and lib directories have to
be on your project path for it to see them, and you need to include the
lib files in your solution project files to use them.
Specifically, the headers I use are

#include <directx.h>
#include <dinput8.h>
#include <dsound.h>

Seams to me there is one I am missing, in the above list but that is a
start.