Hi Bryan,
I don't think anyone in living memory can forget the coffee case. To me
that is simply another sign of the times that many people are unwilling
to stand up and admit they made a mistake and take responcibility for
it. If they burn themselves it's the other guys fault, if they buy a
game, and then kill someone afterward it was the games fault.
Oh, no. It couldn't be my actions that did that."
What it really boils down to is an excuse to get money or to try and get
out of trouble. One of the reasons there is so much research in to how
violent games effects children, weather child abuse creates tomorrows
killers, is the killers can walk in to a court of law, say that he/she
was influenced by this material, get a reduced sentence or a stay in a
mental hospital, and out in a few years saying he/she was treated.
Whatever happened to you did it, you wanted to do it, and now you are
going to pay the maximum price? Sorry no excuses for bad behavior
excepted. I know my parents sure didn't buy my excuses for bad grades,
fighting at school, or whatever the infraction was I was getting
punished for. If I did I got punished, and I learned not to do it again,
or at least not to do it that often.