Hi,
You can find the agdev-newbies list home page at
http://lists.agdev.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/agdev-newbies
where you can setup your account info for the list, view archives, and
so on.
As for AutoIt it's not technically a programming language but a tool
kit. Personally, I am not very fond of it. If you are serious about real
programming high-quality games you need a fully qualified
programming language like C++, C-Sharp, or even VB with Microsoft
DirectX used for your music, sounds, input, and optionally graphics.
I don't know how far you wish to go with this, but if you want to write
games of the quality of Tank Commander, Shades of Doom, or any other
games like it or better than go with a real programming language.