Hi Liam,
I hear you there. I also have the problem with the error Window as well.
It is not just related to VB.NET but all the IDEs have that particular
problem with screen readers.I find it down right frustrating to say the
least!
The visual IDES have always done error checking, but in 2005 the
debugger seams to be fanatical about its error checking. It pops a
Window up for just about any miner infraction or miner mistake. If the
screen reader could scream it would be screaming at me.
The best solution I have found is to write my code out side of the
VB.NET CS.NET IDE in a text editor of my choice, debug, and compile, in
the IDE.