no I havn't heard anything.
However if this article rings true it means that games for the blind will have
to stay at dx9 level for now.
Either that or have dx9 and 10 support for backward compatibility.
I doubt that I will upgrade to vista and in deed upgrade for a few years yet.
Its taken me 4 or so years to get the 3 systems we have upgraded to xp, and
another year to stop using legacy win98 and office97 all together.
Yesterday I had to solve an issue with wmp11 and klite mega codec.
Its not likely I will upgrade for 2 reasons.
1.  xpsp3 comes out when vista comes out or around then.
So I will upgrade to that.
2.  the vista interface if thats like ie7 with toolbars that can't turn off and
search boxes that are core components, I wouldn't upgrade, I'd rather get xp
even if I have to download xp which is not legal, but I refuse to upgrade.
At least as long as I can.
I also can't afford the large memmory and other things I'd need for systems to
run vista, the 512mb ram system will not cut it and the 1gb minimum is reported
as just cutting it.
There is added security,and if its ms its more holes and annoyances.
I'll cross the bridge when something breaks, but as long as xp lives, or I have
a coppy lagit or not I will stay with it for now.
I do hope though that someone at ms make some sence come around.
I don't want to stay in the passed but it aint easy anymore.
IN the coming year I am upgrading screenreading software so I am ready in case
vista does have to go on a system.
Its my hope that xpsp3 will increas the life of xp by a bit at least.
Also the piracy things ms put in place will just become a nucence because some
hardcore crim always cracks the ms os and then security of the product keys
means nothing.
But who knows?
I may be proved wrong or not, who knows.