Hi Bryan,
That is true. The Neospeech voices as well as the Scansoft voices sound
allot more realistic and clearer than the AT&T voices.
Funny thing is is Neospeech and scansoft are totally synthetic speech
where as AT&T voices is based on real voice samples. I think the real
voice samples is actually what kills the AT&T voices, and makes them
sound choppy. They can not adapt to changes in normal speech as well as
the synthetic speech voices.