Hi Raul,
The Intrepid-class and the Prometheus-class were not launched until
after TNG had ended. The Intrepid-class was first introduced in ST
Voyager, and so was the Prometheus-class for that matter. However, after
being introduced on voyager they were seen during the Dominion war on DS9.
I am thinking somewhere during the later seasons of TNG. For example the
Romulan warbird Kahzara was seen in season 6. The Goraxus in season 5
and again in season 7. The Devoras was in the epasode with the Romulan
spy posing as a Vulcan. The Terix was seen in the epasode with the
Pegasus. So most of the ships in the game are from TNG mid series.
I'd of course have to pick Fed ships that were still hopefully active by
then. The Yamato is one of those examples I would like to use, but I
think it might have been blown apart by the iconian weapon by the time
of when most of this takes place. Not to mention Wolf-359 which pretty
much fried everything from seasons 1 through 3.