Hi tom.

Just as a correction, the copywrite for lotr was actually renewed In I believe 2001, and is now owned by tolkien's grand daughter. This is also why Christopher tolkien comparatively recently released a new translation of Children of Hurin which he'd peaced together from tolkien's notes, so even the books are not quite copywrite.

that being said, as with starwars I'm generally of the opinion that why not! it's not as if warner brothers make lots of accessible lotr games anyway so your hardly taking money from them, and as we said when discussing makingg starwars or startrek games, it'd likely be better to brave the beasty than just not have at all.

After all, Phil managed in case of Sarah and the result is fantastic.

Beware the grue!