Hi Dark,
After reading your message, I'd like to know how much actual experience you have with windows seven. The only part of your message I can't completely contradict is the part about dos applications, and even those should run under a 32-bit version of the OS, if you really want them to. All vb6 games run under windows seven; I have yet to find an audiogame I couldn't run on my machine. As regards interface, it's simply a matter of getting used to a few things. There are some absolutely massive upgrades in windows seven, the search box especially. I've found that only once a month or so will I even need to open up my programs folder; all I need to do is type in a small portion of the file name in the search box and I'm ready to go.