I see the business side of it as well, but am more concerned with the visually impaired consumers who game developers are marketing to.

--
If guns kill people, writing implements cause grammatical and spelling errors! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Draconis" <i...@dracoent.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] challenge for developers, post xp windows

Charles,

The biggest reason for this is the future. Look what has happened to BSC games. XP has far more years behind than ahead. We can't afford to make games that might, at best, have only 2 or 3 years of a life span.

And, at present, we are in a weird transition time. We have roughly equal numbers of Win7 and Win XP users at the moment, with XP only a very slight advantage, judging by the visitor stats to the Draconis website. If we focus on XP, we're compromising the experience for users of new versions of Windows, in order to support users who can only realistically continue using XP for a very short time to come, comparatively speaking.

The only logical thing to do is support as much as we can, with a focus on the newer systems, which eventually everyone will be using like it or not. Otherwise, we're pouring our effort into something that, in just a few years, will be useless. Draconis, at least, is trying to avoid the fate BSC titles now face.

Microsoft could have made this transition smoother for developers and users alike, but didn't . We're all muddling through.