Hi Jim,

No, Winzip and Winzip Self-extractor can't be used that way. All you
can do is give them a default location and have the end user specify
where to put files if the default location is wrong. This is where a
scripted setup and installer program like In no Setup comes in handy
because you can create environment variables that allows you to
extract that information from the user's registry and set his or her
local directories as the default if desired.

This is especially important on non-English releases of Windows,
because the directory names will change depending on language making
it impossible for you to guess where files go, and need to extract
that information from the user's local registry during install time.