Hi Shaun,

While I do not doubt you, like many others, have made a serious
financial investment in Windows software do remember that sooner or
later the support runs out for it, and if you are happy with it as is
that's fine. However, if you want updates, bug fixes, or whatever
you'll end up having to buy all that software all over again. So I do
not see how or why that would be a convincing reason to stick with
Windows seeing as if you want to keep using it you'll have to keep
paying to use it.

For example, a lot of Windows users are facing this very issue as we
speak. Many of them are still running XP,  perhaps Office 2003, and a
few other apps they purchased 10 years ago and have continued
updating. Now, as of 2014 all the updates, tech support, etc is going
to be gone for all that software if it hasn't expired already. Now,
they are looking at buying Windows 8, a new version of Jaws, new
version of Microsoft Office, etc just to replace all the apps they
will be loosing. It seems to me now is the time, if any, for people to
consider their options rather than just continue to for Windows stuff
just because they spent x amount of money on older versions of the
software that is all going to be abandonware soon.

Besides it isn't like migrating to something like Ubuntu Linux will
cost them anything but some time and patients. I purchased software
for Windows 3.1 all the way up to Windows 8, and I still use Linux
because of the simple reason it is inexpensive and I like it. Now, if
someone didn't like Linux I could see your point, but your claim is
because you have invested hundreds and maybe thousands in Windows you
can't switch. That doesn't make a lick of sense, because I spent a lot
on Windows software too, but that didn't stop me from switching to
Linux for most of my software needs. In fact, I've been saving money
because I am now using as much open source stuff as I can get for
Windows and Linux these days, and pitched older versions of MS Office,
Jaws, etc that won't work with Windows 7 or Windows 8 so it isn't like
I was throwing money away since it wouldn't work on my newer computers
in the first place.