Hi Eleanor,

I actually agree with you, which is why I was using Swamp and Shades of Doom
specifically as examples. My point was that the demographics for various types
of games are going to vary, and the sheer numbers of users on any given
platform is not a good way to determine market size for a game.

I think perhaps I should have been a bit more explicit. I know plenty of older
folks who are quite capable with technology as well. Both groups exist. Saying
that all computer users of any age are equally capable would also be incorrect.

Sorry for any offense. None was intended. :)

For what it is worth…I actually enjoy all sorts of games, but shoot 'em ups are
not typically my cup of tea either…so I wasn't using those titles because they
were ones I liked. Neither appeal to me much, though they were well designed
products.