Hi Jim,

To be honest that is one reason I don't play traditional interactive
fiction that much any more. I don't mind a puzzle if it is logical or
makes sense, but a lot of them just don't make any logical sense at
all except in the mind of its creator. Sometimes it is a case of guess
the correct verb which can be just as frustrating as a puzzle that
doesn't make any sense, because there are too many ways to say the
same thing in English and usually only one of them will work making it
a frustrating process of elimination until the right command is
discovered.