Hi Dark,

LOL! My thoughts exactly. Not only do I agree with the points you made
below, but rewriting the game to have a modern graphical user
interface would totally defeat the purpose of why I wrote Slam as a
text based console game in the first place.

The main reason behind writing it as a console game is because unlike
Windows users I still play a lot of console based games on Linux using
a screen reader called Speakup. Since Speakup works really well with
console applications I see no need to have a fancy graphical user
interface when text is all I really need for speech output. Plus I
have already tested with NVDA, a demo of Jaws, etc and its equally
accessible if the person knows how to use their review cursor.
Finally, I now am focused on creating universally accessible games for
Windows, Mac, Linux, etc and as we all know the more graphical we get
the less accessible and more complicated it gets in turn. So text
based was for me the best user interface possible for insuring
universal accessibility.

To give you an example of how accessible this thing is on Linux if
someone is deaf-blind and uses BrailleTTY it works just fine with that
screen reader. If they are blind and use Speakup they can use that. It
also works with Orca both speech and braille under Gnome, but is
slightly less friendly than the other options just because Orca's
terminal support isn't as good as it could be. On Windows it works
fine with NVDA 2013, seems to work okay with the Jaws 14 demo, and
probably works okay with Window-Eyes too.If someone sighted wants to
play it they can do it just by reading the text on the screen.  The
point being just by ignoring all that graphical user interface stuff I
have saved myself time, complication, and have created a game that is
for the most part accessible out of the box with any screen reader for
just about any platform. So that is why I wrote it as a console
program. :D

Cheers!