Hi Dark,

Exactly my thoughts. Plus I've encountered some GUI applications that
don't behave well with screen readers, but are still usable provided
you know how to examine the screen, point and click on things, and get
an overview of the layout without depending on links, buttons, and
whatever else to give you structural layout by tabbing around or using
arrow keys. Good screen review skills is essential and like you I
think playing text only games has taught me to review the screen more
rather than depending on graphical elements like tabs, buttons, menus,
whatever else to figure out what is being presented on screen. :D

Cheers!