I might have asked this before, but what muds do you use?

Lindsay Cowell.

-original message-
Subject: [Audyssey] Real Need for Me
From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfr...@verizon.net>
Date: 02/09/2013 11:51 am

Hi, I wish someone would write a book specifically for those of us who
are blind beginning mudders and who find: 1. Using VIP MUD client or any
other mud client frustrating; 2. Fell they are having an impossible time
when mudding or attempting to advance when playing because the commands
one writes bear no results; 3. find themselves generally going round in
circles; 4. Don't know how to script (if required); 5. Don't have an
idea how to make the mudding experience less fraught because of: a.
being geographically challenged; b. not knowing how to get rid of text
in the game which doesn't help in mudding; c. not knowing how to use
sounds effectively; d. Just plain not knowing the most elementary stuff
an advanced mudder might assume we know but don't; e. Having no idea
what questions they ought to ask; F. Not knowing how to insure that what
one writes is getting to the MUD in the first place; G. Not knowing how
to get the screen reader to show how text is spelled when required to
talk to people due to said screen reader not allowing one to navigate
with ease to find out how said words, names, etc. are spelled; and H.
Finding the help manual for a particular mud client singularly unhelpful
because it wasn't written for the rank beginner but for those who are
techies. I find the help manual for my mud client quite confusing for
this reason. It does not explain satisfactorily: 1. What is a key and
why one uses one; 2. What is a class in mudding and why one uses it; 3.
What is a trigger and why one uses it; 4. What are variables for and how
do you know how to set them; 5. What are the various paths (sound, log,
default, etc.) for and what is their function and use; 6. Doesn't show
one how to mud without using scripts or if it is required for one to use
scripts, what they are for and why one might want to use them when
mudding; 7. How to know what little things mess one up while mudding and
how to get rid of irritating occurrences; 8. What hot keys are and how
to make them; 9. How to know which manner is best for a blind mudder to
add for enjoyable playing experiences and how to integrate text, sound,
or anything else athat leaves one fully satisfied rather than completely
frustrated. Are their any takers? Any conversing what also be helpful
because manuals tend to send me into a soporific state, but I think if
said book were written in a fun and lively manner, I'd probably read it
it if it was addressed for my needs. Regards, Kim Friedman.
P.S.: I know I have written about this topic before and no doubt sound
like the proverbial broken record, but I really am having an awfully
frustrating time when mudding, so frustrating that I can't seem to enjoy
it due to the frustration factor (severe). So the result is I opt for
other games and my desire to role play by writing dialog for a made-up
character lies languishing. K.