Hello Thomas,

I know that it would be damn near inpossible to do so, but it won't stop me from dreaming of the day that something like that will be. It sounds like Draconis Entertainment has the right idea. I just wish more would do so.

bfn
James

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:56 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Mule

Hi James,

Oh, that'll be the day. There is no way anything like that will ever
happen because there are too many incompatibilities between
programming languages and platforms to ever make something like that
likely. Writing something like that would be very expensive and time
consuming, and there would still require some human intervention at
some point to fix things the conversion tool didn't correctly convert.

The best answer is to come up with a decent cross-platform design in
the first place. For example, Draconis Entertainment has written
themselves a decent cross-platform engine that allows them to support
Mac and Windows with the same language, tools, and APIs which makes a
complete rewrite or conversion tool unnecessary. If more developers
did things that way it would go a long way to resolving the issue of
platform incompatibilities.

Cheers!