Hi Tom.

All very true, plus of course if you say needed other voiced monsters such as mummies for which you didn't have the sfx it'd be fairly easy for actors to contribute, ---- for example all you'd need for a mummy is some flapping cloth sound pluss a hwhispering breath.

I would also suggest trying out voice actors, since while it is true tallent can vary, equally there are people who might not know what they could do until they give it a try and yet do a bang up job, like the chap who voiced the intro for Entombed.

Of course it helps if the person has experience and a degree of training, but this is by no means necessary, and hay, just because it's ameter doesn't mean you can't audition people or hold them to a high standard (I've met plenty of ameter stage directors who would do the same).

All the best,