Who did David Greenwood have in mind as a target market when he developed Shades of Doom? Who did he advertise it toward? It is a game designed for people who cannot see, of which I am one. I see no problem with being classified as a blind person. After all, my amount of vision is 0 over 0. No doubt about it, and I am not one bit ashamed of saying so, I! am! blind! There is no getting around the fact that I can not see anything through my eyes. SOD was designed for people whose eyes do not give feedback to the brain.

As for being in a "group", who does that? Other people. I do not mind be categorized as a blind person, because, after all, I cannot see a darned thing. I do not like being stereotyped as haven to be spoken to at a high volume, being retarded mentally, or other such garbage because I am blind, but that is something else entirely.

Some games for the iPhone are not designed with blind people in mind, but blind people can play them. But some game developers have developed games specifically for people who cannot see. I see nothing wrong with that. Fact is, I greatly appreciate it. I also appreciate games for iDevices that just happen to be playable by blind people. I refer to blind people not ubiquitously, but specifically and honestly. They are people who cannot see.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audyssey Magazine

Hi Charlse.

when it comes to games like swamp, shades of doom etc, I disagree they are! designed for "the blind" as you ubiquitously put it.

In britain anything designed for "the blind" is automatically aimed at the over 70's more often than not, and frankly though there are some games with that ethos they're not the ones I play or am interested in, indeed had shades of doom struck me as being aimed at "the blind" I likely wouldn't have got into audio games at all.

Plus, with how companies like somethinelse, choiceofgames, the developers of codenamesignas etc work for the Iphone they frankly don't! just make games for "the blind"

Indeed to be perfectly honest charlse, I rather resent being grouped myself into a big "the blind" category.

Beware the Grue!