I remember the game Adventure (also known as Advent or Colossal Cave
Adventure). It
was the first adventure game, and the first interactive fiction. It has been
redone for Z-code and web
browser. Also, Infocom games were interactive fiction, including Zork. They
were originally written
for Z-code back when only Infocom could write for Z-code; of course, in the
late 80s and
early 90s IF programmers reverse engineered the Z-code program so that people
could program for it
once again. But the old Infocom games are available on Amazon, I believe. I
think there are
free versions on ifarchive.org.
Tyler Z